details on the exterior

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
DJ18

details on the exterior

Post by DJ18 »

our 85 25' H is in really sound shape and the inside is very nice too. But there are lots of little things that need cleaning up around the outside. some messy silicone and gaps in window gasket seams, missing belt line trim, stuff like that. Luckily, my DH is great at those little details. there is some kind of black sealer on some of the roof seams, which we will tackle as needed. We have had a few good rains, as well as spraying dust and dirt off the trailer, and we have not found any leaks. and a good wash and some kind of wax is on the list too.

I've searched here and found a lot of good information, but still have questions.

The missing pieces of belt line trim need attention. the insert that airstream sells would work, but I'd rather find black trim. we are trying to find something that will substitute for the 1.5' belt line trim insert, but so far, nothing really works. I found some black at a place in Tucson, but it's $2.89 a foot and I'd like to replace it all, not just fill the gaps. Is that trim cosmetic only? I'd take it off or consolidate what I have to one 'line' if not.

I'm frustrated with lights. most of my interior lens are like potato chips and broke when removed to put in led bulbs. I cannot find replacement lens for those interior fixtures. I suppose we can change the fixtures, but I wish I could find the size of lens that would fit. the trailer has 3 new fixtures and I like the original better.

I think our rear bumper is odd. I've looked for pictures of 80's Avions and can't figure out if our is some kind of add on or what it came with. If it belongs on there, it needs paint.

I'm so happy with this trailer, I just want to learn about it, talk about it and go places in it!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Re: details on the exterior

Post by Razorback »

Try this for the lenses.... if I remember correctly, this is where I got mine:

https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/S ... ts-013.htm
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

For the beltline insert. I have not found any better source than Chuck Cayo for this.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

I called Cayo Repair on Friday and left a message, but will call again Monday. The ones at vintage trailer supply say 5", but the ones on our trailer seem to be 4.5", so not sure they would work. Thanks so much.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

DJ18 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:24 am I called Cayo Repair on Friday and left a message, but will call again Monday. The ones at vintage trailer supply say 5", but the ones on our trailer seem to be 4.5", so not sure they would work. Thanks so much.
Chuck Cayo does not return voicemails.
The best time I’ve found to have him pick up the phone is 10:30am-12 noon Monday through Friday.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

thanks! I did get him this morning and ordered the belt line insert and the 5 lenses that he had. Very patient and helpful person!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
reggie.bennett

Post by reggie.bennett »

What is Chuck Cayo's number and does anyone know the part numbers for the rubber seals around the windows and belt line rubber? I just bought this 1982 Avion coach 34 foot and parts seem hard to find.
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Phone number (269) 463-5068.....

I know there is at least one thread here that has a good list of window stuff, but the middle belt line filler is elusive. Chuck has what you need, but I have yet to find the stuff online.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

I think this is the thread I was thinking of....

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=489
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W