Upgrading 12v and 120v panels

110 volt, 12 volt, Batteries, Converters and Inverters, Solar
silverloaf

Re: Upgrading 12v and 120v panels

Post by silverloaf »

Glad you have a ventilation strategy. I dealt with a lot of condensation and mold issues in homes during my 2nd career. Some things I never forget.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised when God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

What a nightmare I bet that was—-for the homeowners.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Razorback— I had promised some pics, but when in the camper for a short stay I realized I would have to unfasten one of the panels under the mattress to get a decent pic.

Basically when looking at the electrical/water compartment, there is one of those large pvc boxes (as shown earlier in the thread) immediately on the other side of one of the walls of the compartment. I have a short power cord that attaches to 6awg romex via Polaris style connectors inside the box. As shown above, I used a high quality Hubble receptacle for the short power cord, which attaches to a 50 amp extension cord for plugging into shore power. The connection of the extension and short power cord remain inside the storage compartment away from the elements when hooked together.

The above are actually connected to a Hughes autoformer and power watchdog inside the compartment, but you get the idea.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

KYAvion wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:46 am Did you happen to see where I sealed up everything that has access to the exterior with foam board? The vertical panels are insulated on the inside, so that’s not visible in the pic. If you do much winter camping, I think sealing everything up is worth the effort.

IMG_6091.jpeg

I also should have mentioned that I opened up a lot of the area under the bed. Underneath is one of those little giant style ladders, a spare tire, spare wheel hub, leveling blocks, water ski, compressor, jack stand/jack combo, large camping mat to cover the gravel, and an assortment of other things. Opening that area up helped a lot given the lack of larger storage bays. Now, access to everything isn’t particularly easy given the small door, but things like the ladder and tire are only accessed on occasion.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R