Hi from New Zealand

A little about yourself
belinda.milnes

Hi from New Zealand

Post by belinda.milnes »

Kia Ora from one of the few Avion owners in New Zealand. I have owned my beautiful ‘Sunshine’ for over a year but we are still getting used to each other.
I’m looking forward to this weekend when I’m packing up my partner (who isn’t a fan yet) and two teenage daughters and driving to the Womad music festival which will be a great family outing.
My biggest issue is sourcing parts but so far we have managed to ‘mend and make do’.
I’m really looking forward to learning from the Avion community worldwide. Please do drop me a line if you are visiting as I’d love to meet anyone travelling to New Zealand.
Razorback

Re: Hi from New Zealand

Post by Razorback »

Hi, Belinda, and welcome to the forum! Great to hear from you from New Zealand. I'm sure I can only dream of going there, but if I DO........

What do you have? Do you know the history of your Avion?

(Pictures are always a plus!)
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Hi Belinda! Welcome to the site. Great to have you here!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
belinda.milnes

Post by belinda.milnes »

It took me a while to figure out how to add photos!
I don’t know much about the history or model Airstream I have, it was imported by a young family who had travelled around the US in it. They now bring one or two In each year and do them up and sell them on to happy owners here.
Attachments
030537E7-A41F-438D-A4B7-332AAC822C79.jpeg
F6DF21BF-DAFD-4B29-882A-751379E41772.jpeg
4A744D3A-7179-437F-A7CA-1BBE09008BD5.jpeg
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Nice looking trailer! You’ve got what appears to be an Avion 32S, which is leaps and bounds above an Airstream.

Consider getting a rockguard for your front window, or making one yourself or having one made. Those front windows need protection from road debris.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
belinda.milnes

Post by belinda.milnes »

Thanks for the advice, I have a rock guard however it was torn at the top and to avoid loosing it I removed it until I can get it repaired.
My big problem is one of the louvre windows to the right of the door fell out and I have no idea where I can go to replace it.not just the glass - the whole panel and frame. I’ve blocked it up for the meantime.
Perhaps I need a trip to the US to source some parts 😄
Sawmiller

Post by Sawmiller »

Beautiful camper. Love the renovation.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Not sure if anyone in New Zealand handles Hehr (the manufacturer of the windows in the Avion) window parts, but you can get a feel for what you need here:
http://www.parkin-acc.com/page27.html
and here:
http://www.parkin-acc.com/page3.html
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.