Leak in bathroom

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
silverloaf

Re: Leak in bathroom

Post by silverloaf »

Aviongirl1995 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:25 am I have a 1983 34W
I do not have a manual and have not been able to find one online. I had someone look at the trailer, the removed the panel to look under the bathtub and the pan underneath was full and the connector for the drain had broken. They repaired it and it hasn’t flooded inside but I’m not sure if that’s the only leak
Aviongirl1995-

It's good to hear you got your immediate problem solved.

Of all the things Avion did right, plumbing was kind of a crap-shoot . I found several poorly-glued connection points that leaked during testing. I found a sanitary tee installed upside down; The water had to go up before it went down. There were several connection points where the pipe was not fully inserted into connector (or the pipe was cut square to the connector). Some connections were under a lot of tension which could be compromised with the trailer in motion.

Aside from air-testing the entire gray water system, I suggest you fill each sink with water. Empty the kitchen sink and check for leaks; repair any leak point(s). Then empty the bathroom sink; search and repair any leak point(s).

I have a source for ABS fittings if you need some.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

@silverloaf

“I have a source for ABS fittings if you need some.”

Pray tell!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Razorback wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 pm @silverloaf

“I have a source for ABS fittings if you need some.”

Pray tell!
https://www.supplyhouse.com/ABS-DWV-Fittings-20933000

Here's the ABS to PVC transition glue:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Weld-On-4-o ... 111088-_-N
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Aviongirl1995

Post by Aviongirl1995 »

Razorback wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:26 pm I am glad to hear that you got that fixed. I hope that's the end of it.

Maybe the next test would be to run a kitchen sink full of water down the drain and see what happens....
So I decided to try this today. With so many other things to attend to this leak has been the least of my worries. But since I had some time today I decided to fill up the kitchen sink, let it drain and went outside to see if I could track any leaks. I waited outside, looked underneath and didn’t see anything seeping out onto the ground as I did before. The shower hasn’t leaked to my knowledge since the last episode and since the drain was repaired. Now I did do this test with the tanks open. We’ve been leaving the grey tank open against my better judgement, because we’ve had no many surprise leaks that we figure leaving the tanks open may help relieve any possible leaks.
Owner of 83 34W
AVian

Post by AVian »

Aviongirl1995 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:25 am I have a 1983 34W
I do not have a manual and have not been able to find one online. I had someone look at the trailer, the removed the panel to look under the bathtub and the pan underneath was full and the connector for the drain had broken. They repaired it and it hasn’t flooded inside but I’m not sure if that’s the only leak
Did you happen to see how they removed the panel? I’m thinking I have a similar, if not same, problem with my tub.
1987 34X
2004 4.8L V8 Silverado 1500