Paint + lights +ADB

Salty

Paint + lights +ADB

Post by Salty »

Painted the remainder of the ceiling today, all the way to the bathroom, then added an Led replacement bulb in the thin light fixture at the bedroom. I had to rewire the fluorescent fixture, but that took no time.
Replaced the standard air box with a ducted unit and installed the heatstrips
DSC_0055.JPG
DSC_0053.JPG
I bought four F15T8 bulbs for the two fixtures that have them. The only issue is that in the Thin-light fixture, the tubes are slightly larger than the original fluorescent bulbs, hence the diffuser doesn't fit now. Working on some kind of elegant solution to attach the diffuser.
I also bought F8T5 LED replacements for the under cabinet fixtures and those fit without issue.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Paint + lights +ADB

Post by KYAvion »

Salty wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:55 pm Replaced the standard air box with a ducted unit and installed the heatstrips
When you say airbox, do you mean the furnace plenum?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Salty

Post by Salty »

no. Both AC units, when they were replaced, the installers discarded the ADB units on the ACs. What they installed was the standard (annoying) cold air exhaust that directs the air straight down. Additionally, these standard air ducts were unable to mount a heat strip. Hence the installation of an air distribution box that can mount a heat strip and direct the conditioned air stream in 5 different directions.

While I'm on the topic, the second AC was not factory installed. To that end, the original installer used standard ROMEX 12/3 wire on install. This was changed to marine triplex while I had the unit open.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

What’s ADB an acronym for? Air Distribution Box?

Do you have pics of before and after? Trying to visualize this.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Salty

Post by Salty »

Sorry, no before pics
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Pics of the new box?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R