New drains, and toilet

mothballeater

New drains, and toilet

Post by mothballeater »

Hey all,

I'm sporting a 65' 24H. Just cut out all the old drains as they were leaking as well as the bathroom sink faucets. Bought all new PVC drain kits from Lowe's $41 and some change. As well as a new bathroom sink faucet with a vacuum diverter for the shower head from EBAY. $26 something for just the faucet $30 included a new shower head and hose, kind of a no brainer. I went with polished chrome to match although the finished bronze looked nice as well. Have a used toilet being brought down from Maine this weekend or next by my uncle who owns a campground and fixes RV's for hire. Just something he had laying around. The previous owner broke the mounting bolts so ill have to do some rehabbing on those anyway. Figure free is better than $200 and with the work I have to do to mount the existing (which is broken) why not retro fit a free one.

Pictures of the PVC installed in bathroom and kitchen sink
image.png
image.png
faucet to arrive on tomorrow
chrome finish.JPG
1965 24-Holiday, work in progress ;)
Razorback

Re: New drains, and toilet

Post by Razorback »

Making some quick progress! Sounds like you have an awesome uncle, too!

What does he think of your new acquisition? Is he familiar with Avions?
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
mothballeater

Re: New drains, and toilet

Post by mothballeater »

Oh definately, I worked for him doing construction as a teenager and he's always taken care of me. He doesn't really say much but I could tell he was excited for me.

He's familiar with that specifc trailer and the family i got it from so he did kind of chuckle at me because i think he knows what Im getting into more than i do. I'll definately be picking his brain for removing the dents and rehabbing the roof. I think he's a little saturated from repairing them for a living so he didn't say much about avions as a whole either

Pending i can get the furnace, stove, and water heater up and running (which I haven't even looked at) i have hopes of getting it (site ready) livable for a buddy to stay in when he visits from Oregon middle of this month.

I have the added benefit of being laid off after the 8th so I'll have plenty of time to spend on her which she desperately needs
1965 24-Holiday, work in progress ;)