Thank you, Salty!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
silverloaf

Re: Replacing Countertop

Post by silverloaf »

I was reluctant to go with a residential fixture. They have a government-mandated flow restrictor that can affect the function of our tankless water heater.

I suppose I could have removed or opened up the flow restrictor. But I wasn't sure whether it would give me too much flow.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Aviongirl1995

Post by Aviongirl1995 »

Do you know if the faucets are standard sizes in the bathroom. If I were to replace it would a stardard bathroom faucet from Lowe’s work?
Owner of 83 34W
Salty

Post by Salty »

silverloaf wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:41 am I was reluctant to go with a residential fixture. They have a government-mandated flow restrictor that can affect the function of our tankless water heater.

I suppose I could have removed or opened up the flow restrictor. But I wasn't sure whether it would give me too much flow.
I think that really says it all. They will fit, just be prepared for lower pressure /flow
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

This is interesting and makes sense. I haven’t replaced the fixtures in my Avion yet, but I used a residential fixture in the kitchen in my prior trailer. I didn’t notice the flow being a problem. Maybe I just got lucky.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I guess the question is...what’s the relationship between flow and PSI? That is, will the reduced PSI of a trailer affect the flow out a residential faucet?

You can obviously have a small water line with very little volume, but lots and lots of pressure.

How much do the pressure regulators that screw into the end of the hose reduce PSI? 30-35 PSI?

If it’s 30-35 PSI, then does it matter? Check out this leak that says 35 PSI is enough to allow most fixtures to work properly. https://www.dynamicdrainstx.com/fix-low-water-pressure/
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I guess the question is...what’s the relationship between flow and PSI? That is, will the reduced PSI of a trailer affect the flow out a residential faucet?

You can obviously have a small water line with less volume, but lots and lots of pressure.

How much do the pressure regulators that screw into the end of the hose reduce PSI? This one says 40-50 PSI. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Pressure-R ... B003BZD08U

How about the water pump. What PSI can it maintain?

If it’s 30-35 PSI, then does it matter? Check out this link that says 35 PSI is enough to allow most fixtures to work properly. https://www.dynamicdrainstx.com/fix-low-water-pressure/
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Salty

Post by Salty »

For those of us with PEX plumbing, PEX is good for 100+ psi. I ditched my regulator, it was restricting flow.
For those without PEX, you likely don't want to exceed 60psi.
Most parks regulate at 45 to 50 anyway.
You can remove the flow restrictor I believe. It's law that it is there, I don't know that removing it is such a big deal.
I haven't seen a fresh water pump that pushes more than 60 psi, and had a talk with a local fireman who says they're ecstatic is they see 80 psi at the scene.
Just my 2cents worth.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.