Michigan

A general discussion forum
Salty

Michigan

Post by Salty »

So, this week’s adventure brought me to the Grand Rapids area of Michigan. Since I was in the area, I made a trip to Cayo to see what it was I or my trailer couldn’t live without. I didn’t end up bringing much home (rubrail) - mostly because I was flying and not driving this time - but I did have a chance to speak with Chuck and I met Lucky.
I learned that my storm windows were an option and that, unfortunately, he did not have any at this time. Apparently, the kit was quite heavy, heavy enough to make the trailer tow differently. So I’ll be hunting new acrylic for the replacement. Or ordering custom.
The Watervliet area looks lovely this time of year. wish I could have stayed longer.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Razorback

Re: Michigan

Post by Razorback »

When we are out in the colder times of the year, I would love to have some kind of storm windows in place.

Can you post some pictures of yours? Would love to have some idea of how the originals look.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Pics would be great. What was it about the originals that weighed so much to cause towing to be affected?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Salty

Post by Salty »

It was a kit. Multiple panes of (framed?) safety glass, including the inner version of the front radius'd glass.
I'll see about pics.
As a side note, Hehr has ceased making the curved glass, and will not ever make it again.
Also, Hehr won't deal with anyone but trailer mfrs regarding window seals.
I meant to ask him about the inner seal on those outer windows but forgot.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Tarnished

Post by Tarnished »

My 77 travelcader has what I assume to be the storm windows they are nothing more then acrylic (plexiglass) cut to size and attached with a two sided tape.
Original? No idea. But a good idea and they don't weigh much.
Salty

Post by Salty »

No, the acrylic is not it. The storm windows were Safety Glass,and shipped in a crate that required two men to lift.
.I have acrylic in my front storm window location currently.my side windows have a secondary window in place. I'd take pictures, but the repair facility has yet again failed to do something they promised would be done. So I don't have access to the trailer at the moment.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250