Skin removal

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
Razorback

Re: Skin removal

Post by Razorback »

Salty wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:49 am @ Razor
My outside curved window is glass. It is the inside that I'm inquiring about. That is currently a curved piece of Lexan on mine and pretty ugly (scratched ) at that. Hence my question
Ours does not have an interior piece. Could that be part of a "storm window" set-up? I have heard of those, but have never seen them, personally or in pictures.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I used to perform spray foam insulation work. Below are some 1-part closed-cell gun foam products from one of my previous suppliers:

https://www.jrproductsinc.com/collections/can-foams
https://www.jrproductsinc.com/collections/foam-guns
https://www.jrproductsinc.com/products/ ... di-cleaner

I recommend the all-seasons formula. A $35 foam gun is more than sufficient for small jobs.

Bear in mind the homogeneous layer of the existing spray foam gives the outside trailer walls their stiffness and structural strength. Trenching through the foam will, to some degree, compromise the lateral stiffness of the wall. Filling up the trench with gun foam will not re-unite the wall's structure.

In other words, trench wisely.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Erehtuo

Post by Erehtuo »

I don't know much about the electrical side of what you are planning but could you build a chase to go along the ceiling and house all the wiring you need rather than pull all the skins?

I found this photo on the internet I'll attach here to show what I mean.
Attachments
38DFF142-A537-40AA-B6ED-8765575E8B19.jpeg
Salty

Post by Salty »

yes, thinking about that. In the ceiling, I could run the overhead 12VDC for lighting. For the 120 AC/Solar I could run it behind furnishing/furniture/cabinets on the roadside, down low. This covers most sins, but may present an issue of getting the wire to the existing wall sockets up front - lower curbside forward of the entrance for one. That may just vanish. I may have to build some custom cabinetry on that side, say an entertainment center? Just that there is this rather large window there.......
and modify or outright replace (prolly replace) the front bottom table
One other small problem. I'm 6'. So a rather shallow chase in the ceiling it must be.

Nice thinking !

Solar schematic attached.
Solar 1.pdf
(62.61 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Salty

Post by Salty »

THe more I think about the chase, the more I like it. There are some challenges that I need to overcome. (AC wiring, the big current draw) Not happy about leaving the old wire in the walls (weight) and the additional weight of the chase, but it's better than pulling panels I suppose.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.