Water heater fire

Water Heaters, Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Ranges
silverloaf

Re: Water heater fire

Post by silverloaf »

I am aware of a recall in 2015. Is there something more current?
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Salty

Post by Salty »

no date listed when I looked, only serial numbers.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Thanks for the head-up. I’ll call Atwood with my S/N.

My door is mounted independently of the water heater housing with a custom 3-sided adapter sleeve. The sleeve tightly encapsulates the WH housing. It enables the WH to sit square to the floor yet conforms the door to the curved outside wall.

It all works. Hopefully the recall doesn’t screw things up.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
victoriabam

Post by victoriabam »

Finally found a thread which explains lot more about keeping water heater maintained. Nice and easy points given to maintain water heater.
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I opened the thread. It came up to a service company. Nothing mentioned about water heaters in travel trailers. Did I miss something?

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

I’m thinking victoriabam is a bogus “member”.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I think you’re right. I wonder if these are computer automated or what? This will be the third one lately. Anyone have suggestions on how to prevent them?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

"Anyone have suggestions on how to prevent them?"

If anyone finds a solution, please share it with Facebook, Google, Tweeter, etc. :D

These fake accounts are automatically generated (in huge numbers, usually in a foreign country). Its very difficult to stop them. As soon as you block one account ten more are created. Luckily, we do not get many fake users. The only way I think they can be stopped, as drastic as it sounds, is by requiring some form of ID before creating the account.

This forum is an exception, but generally, I ignore 90% of what I read online. Many are fake accounts and are spreading mis-information. Some are using the anonymity of their online account to be jerks. And some are well intended but completely clueless and provide dangerous advice. This site does not suffer from the above mentioned problems. Its very helpful. Lets keep it that way.
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
Salty

Post by Salty »

Try a captcha. The "I'm not a robot" check box. Theyll need to use a more sophisticated setup to bypass that.
On another note, relevant to the topic, my Precision on demand went in easy and works fine. There is the door issue and I needed to use spray foam crack sealer (I know, I know) on left and right sides and the bottom flange has a slight interference with the lower belt line, but I love it and have gallons of hot water.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.