It's All New To Me

Anything related to what's happening with your Avion
Gary Potter

It's All New To Me

Post by Gary Potter »

Building a 'pad' next to the house for summertime storage when we're not on the road. Sewer, water, and electric are now in. Next up is the pad. I'm hoping some of you will be able to help out with some answers to very basic 'newbie' questions.

Pad dimensions - something level both axles can rest on. Base coat gravel and something a bit nicer next year. Size minimums? I have about 13' width to work with. Awnings will not be deployed. What's the P30 wheel base? I;m thinking maybe 2 extra feet on both ends?

Clearance for sewer hook up - Slope required from RV dump valves to the sewer hook up. I'm not adverse to using maceration to give gravity a boost. Approximate distance will be 15 or so feet. How far behind the rear axle is the RV sewer hook up?

I'm not sure what else to ask - thanks in advance.
Retirement is underrated
'Dewey' an '84 30P
Gary Potter
Salty

Re: It's All New To Me

Post by Salty »

Looks like width is between 7'10" and 8". 2 foot of clearance either side puts you at 12. If it were me, I'd take all 13' and call it good. As for the distance to the dump behind the wheels, you'll want to break out your tape measure.
Are you digging down and putting the gravel down in preparation to pour concrete or building up to raise the trailer?
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Gary Potter

Post by Gary Potter »

My P30, who for the time being I'm calling 'Dave' is at the spa. Systems check, state inspection, WD hitch for my Tahoe and I expect I'll be able to pick him up later this week. I'll measure the waste valve clearance then. In the meantime, I'm not planning on concrete but I don't want to make the pad 30 feet long either. We're going to have some driveway work done and I was hoping to use some of the base gravel for the pad. I'd like it to be level but I don't want to have to raise it more than I need to. Thus, the questions about waste valve clearance. Thanks for the info and the help salty. I really appreciate it
Retirement is underrated
'Dewey' an '84 30P
Gary Potter
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

The slope for the sewage doesn't need to be much-- 1/4" per foot minimum. That's for PVC pipe though, not the stinky slinky. At home I don't have a sewage hookup close by, so when the trailer is here I use a Sewer Solution, which is basically a water powered macerator. It can pump uphill slightly as well.

As far as gravel, I did my site with #8 gravel on top. It's clean (unlike crusher run/dense grade) and small in size so it's comfortable to walk on.

Sounds like you're going to have a really nice set up!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R