Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: So so day for Avion shopping

Post by KYAvion »

Silverloaf- what's your 1/2 ton truck? That's a great tow capacity at 11,500 lbs.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

KYAvion wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:40 am Silverloaf- what's your 1/2 ton truck? That's a great tow capacity at 11,500 lbs.
The truck is a 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercab. The powertrain consists of a 3.5L V6 with twin turbochagers, 10-spd trans, 3.55 locking rear axle, 4x4 and max tow package. It also contains of a number of technology features to help us along the way.

It just passed the 1000 mile break-in point. I'm looking forward to a test run with the trailer in about a month
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Once your towing, I would be really curious to hear about your mpg with/without the trailer.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
jarringfairly

Post by jarringfairly »

Salty wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 pm So some of you are aware that I'm shopping for an Avion. Preference would be for a 34XB. Well, that's my holy grail anyway.
So todays travels bring me to Houma, Louisiana. Here I find not an Avion, but a 1998 A/S 34' classic limited FK

https://houma.craigslist.org/rvs/d/1995 ... 52797.html

nice. tires are good , no leaks, most appliances work (Factory Washer dryer was iffy.) rear queen. Door was damaged when some one tried to break into it. Title is current and clean. More enticing, it's a Texas title, so no problems (read extra charges) to transfer the title $16K. Needs a good wash and polish. Decals are a bit scratched.
I liked the FK

After looking at that, I had a good long look at the pictures for the 1987 Avion 34V in Virginia.

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/rvd/d/ ... 37269.html

Called the seller and we are progressing toward an agreement, he's not too up on transferring money via paypal . He gave me the name & number of someone to transport the trailer to Houston, but I couldn't reach them.I figure $1200 to transport.

Then I spoke with this guy whose ad is running on craigslist in fort smith. reference the drunk chat thread for that. I can't do business with him. Good luck to him.
so I'm down to two.
Why the rush? no reason. It's summer and if anything needs fixing, better to do it in summer than any other season. I imagine if I waited until September/October there might be more to pick from, since folks who are on the fence about selling don't want to pay for storage.

Thanks for the link.