Cabinetry

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
Tarnished

Cabinetry

Post by Tarnished »

Finally finished all the floor repairs forward of the bulkhead at the left of the door. Found 3 large
ant nests, wonder how many more are on board? Anyone have a sure fire method to get rid of them?
Still have to cut into the interior wall and shoot some fastenings thru the channel into the new floor edge framing.
The pics show the new shelf being fitted and the structure necessary to hold the folding table.
Wasn't sure I'd replace it but once I figured out how it all fit together thought it was a clever solution so I'm copying it exactly. Well, not exactly. I'm using cabinet grade maple PW and solid wood. Will finish natural to lighten up the interior.
Also building a new table.
I have been a boatbuilder then furniture maker/cabinet maker for 40 yrs. I also own a very well equipped Mill work shop with some very talented employees.
Granted that at 74 working on ones knees, one steel, is limiting but
IMG_0296.JPG
IMG_0296.JPG (48.33 KiB) Viewed 829 times
I gotta admit, this work is a PIA! My hats off to you guys that undertake it as a hobby.
Razorback

Re: Cabinetry

Post by Razorback »

Thanks for the update and the picture.

I wish I could hang around a pro like you for awhile and learn some good cabinetry skills.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Aviongirl1995

Post by Aviongirl1995 »

Wow looks really good!
Owner of 83 34W
Salty

Post by Salty »

Razorback wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:00 pm Thanks for the update and the picture.

I wish I could hang around a pro like you for awhile and learn some good cabinetry skills.
+1
Looks great!
Sure fire method to get rid of ants:
Tent it and fumagate. I know it sounds extreme, but you'll off 'em all. You still have to clean up though.
Failing that, bug balm sans tent, including dropping bombs in the storage comparts.
I hate to say this, but check the voids on either side of the bath tub.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.