Plumbing Re-Do

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
Erehtuo

Re: Plumbing Re-Do

Post by Erehtuo »

Thanks for the extra pics. Pretty cool stuff. I've never worked with PEX before but may have to give it a shot.
pbsled

Post by pbsled »

Bob,

Did you happen to draw a schematic or have a reference diagram for the plumbing? I am about to the point on my bathroom remodel that I need to get my parts list together for all the PEX and fittings and wondered if there was a 30P or equivalent rear bath diagram that I could use as reference? In my remodel there will not be much difference from OEM except the shower valves will be installed in the new partition wall, so its mostly the hookup, water pump, and associated shutoff and drain valves that I want to address correctly. My utility box is all new, but no holes are drilled in it yet. Thanks in advance if you have anything. My pressure regulator will be external and will just put that on the hose. I might consider some inline filters, but I am not eager to have lots of fittings under the beds.
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I can’t help with the schematic, but I wanted to mention that PEX Universe seems to have the best prices for PEX fittings, ball valves, etc. You can also find online coupon codes. I’m getting ready to redo my house to a home run design with manifolds, etc., and ordering through them is saving me quite a bit of $$.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
pbsled

Post by pbsled »

Thanks for the tip. Great site ... just ordered all my main supplies for the supply side of the plumbing there.
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

pbsled wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:51 am Bob,

Did you happen to draw a schematic or have a reference diagram for the plumbing? I am about to the point on my bathroom remodel that I need to get my parts list together for all the PEX and fittings and wondered if there was a 30P or equivalent rear bath diagram that I could use as reference? In my remodel there will not be much difference from OEM except the shower valves will be installed in the new partition wall, so its mostly the hookup, water pump, and associated shutoff and drain valves that I want to address correctly. My utility box is all new, but no holes are drilled in it yet. Thanks in advance if you have anything. My pressure regulator will be external and will just put that on the hose. I might consider some inline filters, but I am not eager to have lots of fittings under the beds.
I do not have a schematic. I essentially worked off the original starting & end points. I did create some pieces from copper tubing because the new on-demand water heater had different entry and outlet points.

I have not had the chance to put the system under full function. My concern is PEX required many more fittings than anticipated which could create some flow issues. PEX is not as compliant as the OEM gray CPVC.

There was a in-line cartridge under the kitchen sink which I removed. I opted for portable in-line filter between the shore water and the trailer inlet.

IMG_1772.JPG
IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1774.JPG
IMG_1775.jpg
IMG_1791.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1868.JPG
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
pbsled

Post by pbsled »

These are very helpful pictures. As I look at the water lines coming into the camper, it looks like the one of the forward side of the box feeds the cold water / filter / pump header correct? In the picture below, what is the function of what appears to be another valve on the cold water line on the inboard side of the box? Thanks in advance for any clarification.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 10.05.13 PM.png
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

pbsled wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:10 pm These are very helpful pictures. As I look at the water lines coming into the camper, it looks like the one of the forward side of the box feeds the cold water / filter / pump header correct? In the picture below, what is the function of what appears to be another valve on the cold water line on the inboard side of the box? Thanks in advance for any clarification.
Yes. there is a two-way valve in the inlet to switch from direct city water to the in-line pump. Frankly, unless one is boondocking, I wonder how many people even use the pump on a regular basis.

To your 2nd question, it is a bypass valve that allows you to fill the fresh water tank directly from the city water supply connection. It eliminates the gravity-feed method though the large corrugated hose from outside the trailer.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

I am totally in awe and envy for your beautiful blue and red and ORDERLY plumbing!!
what's under our bed.....
8AED2451-D4E8-49DA-9068-21C763D43DDB.jpeg
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Yes, the mentioned pictures are really purdy!

Mine's more like what you showed. :(
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

I have not yet put the system to the test. I have a lot of fittings in the lines to follow some sense of order. But orderliness takes a back seat to function.

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P