Is it just me......?????

A general discussion forum
Overdrive

Re: Is it just me......?????

Post by Overdrive »

I bought my 34XB from my uncle for 5,000. He would of given it to me but he was 84 and needed the money for son3 big surgeries. As it was I got it for a steal. I saw very few for sale in the 15/18k range
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

our trailer was for sale for $9000. we were lucky that our friend was interested in trading for our smaller, lighter, newer trailer. the Avion is in really good condition and so far needs nothing but housekeeping. we were shopping for a long time for an aluminum trailer. Something that didn't need a lot of work was hard to find at any price, but if you did find one, it was $15-20K. smaller is harder to find. we come from a long history of minimal size campers; pop ups, VW westfalias, small trailers. the 25H is big to us. but it's time. One thing that may have affected the price on our is that it has a salvage title. It doesn't bother us, there is no damage so it must have been a fender bender or recovered stolen property. it is our perfect trailer.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Salty

Post by Salty »

opposite end of the spectrum:
Last week on my way home from Tyler,TX I stopped to look at an '89 34V. I never made it inside. Walking around the trailer, the skin was gorgeous - made mine look like an ugly step sister. But that is where the beauty stopped. There was a 7 inch tear in the skin above the door, none of the window glazing seals were intact, the screw covers were missing, the tape seals window frame to skin were dry rotting and the valves for the tanks had been removed and it was hard piped. AE awning, none of the awnings extended.Trailer is parked on cinder blocks, curb side tires removed.
The owner spoke about having restored the interior. I asked him about any floor rot and he quickly said he didn't know anything - he'd had the work done. :roll:
This particular trailer has been in this same spot for 2+ years. I've been trying to get in touch with the owner for that long.
His Price? 19K .
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that there is floor rot at least at the door. Repairing the skin above the door, on the cheap, would require a hard patch with rivets (it tore for a reason), not just eternabond. Although a painted scar a'la Jerry Cheevers might look good...
$600 on window seals, $800 in marine plywood, 200 hours+ in labor, hmmmm.....
Regardless, 19K for a floor restoration project ? I'll pass.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.