Hello New Member with an Avion T-20

A little about yourself
Holzarbeiter

Hello New Member with an Avion T-20

Post by Holzarbeiter »

New to Avion, I had owned an Airstream Excella 500 from 2002 until 2012. During that time I made many repairs and updates.

I came across this T-20 by chance and it is still in to original condition to let it deteriorate more, so it came home with me today. After giving it a good bath I will start with some questions.

I need help dating it, the plate reads #158* and then T-20

It has an all aluminum awning. The same slots that make up the fabric cover on the zip-dee awning in the closed position, is what they remind me of. The arms are not zip-dee, neither are the mounts. Is there any information on such an awning?

All the original cabinetry is still intact as is the bath. Galli has the original stove, sink and hood, fridge has been replaced with dorm style, what manufacturer was used for the fridge? color is green reminds me of avocado. Faucet is missing for the sink. The dinette appears complete, table still has the original Formica but the table needs a complete rebuild as does the small shelf along the front window. There is no overhead cabinetry in the front bulkhead. I appears as there never has been any, is that possible?

Front window rock guard has a piece broken out of it but is otherwise in tact, are replacements available?
The galli exhausts fan cover is missing on the outside, are reproductions available? The front ceiling fan seems complete and functional but the exterior cover is dry rotted and partially non existent. What replacement options are there? What shore power connection style plug was used? the standard 30amp 125v does not fit neither does the old school 50amp 125v/250v.

Although someone has replaced the front Tonge part of the frame (something I might change back to stock in the future) I would like to keep this unit as original as possible. I will update some lighting and do some tasteful mods but I would like to keep the old school feeling.

Sorry for the long post and thangs for having me, I know I know, I will try to post pics as soon as my tech department gets back from vacation (grand daughter) lol.
Last edited by Holzarbeiter on Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holzarbeiter

Re: Hello New Member with an Avion T-20

Post by Holzarbeiter »

IMG_4421.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg
Here are a couple of pictures.

After extensive cleaning and removing the sink I found a date on the sink 7-61, since this unit still has the sliding screen door and from the searches I have done, it appears it is an early 62?
Holzarbeiter

Post by Holzarbeiter »

The way she looked when I found her
Attachments
IMG_4420.jpg
IMG_4417.jpg
IMG_4418.jpg
IMG_4416.jpg
Holzarbeiter

Post by Holzarbeiter »

I do not know why the pic's I post are rotated 90 degrees. How do I correct this?
Holzarbeiter

Post by Holzarbeiter »

Seems like not to many are on this site, traffic seems extremely minimal.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I can’t help you with the date, but you’ve done a great job with the exterior of the trailer! I’d recommend trying Chuck Cayo with Cayo Repair in Michigan for more information about some of the questions you have.

You mentioned the lack of activity lately, which is true. There seems to be a bit of an ebb and flow here, and lately it’s been rather slow.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R