Plumbing schematic

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
dosperros

Plumbing schematic

Post by dosperros »

When I purchased this trailer, the only means of having water was with pressurized city water. It was purchased with another tank but all else was removed ( ie pump, alternate piping, 3 way valve, etc) i would like to restore these capabilities but I'm not quite sure of which pump, which 3 way valve and piping. My question; is there a schematic available showing all info needed to restore my system to have alternative water source? the schematic would include a piping diagram, a pump, and a 3 way 12vdc valve to switch between city water and reserve water.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (751 Bytes) Viewed 7800 times
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Plumbing schematic

Post by KYAvion »

Without knowing more specifics about your trailer, it’d be tough to provide a schematic. However, if you’ve got a fresh water tank it wouldn’t be hard to make it work with a water pump. The water pump pulls water from the tank and pumps the water into a cold plumbing line.

As far as a 12v valve, usually people just install a check valve or shut off at the city water connection, so the loop is closed when using the water pump.

I’d also recommend installing a check valve or shut off right after the output of the water pump to prevent water from pushing into the pump when connected to city water.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R