What has been eating up your free time lately???

A general discussion forum
Razorback

What has been eating up your free time lately???

Post by Razorback »

Mine???? Our 1969 Falcon Futura wagon's heater core decided to leak profusely. On these old cars, it seems that they built the vehicle around the "heater box", which might also include the A/C coil..... ours does. I have the heater coil replaced and the heater box is nicely restored (after 54 years) and is ready to reinstall. Tomorrow morning I will tackle that job. Hopefully by tomorrow evening it will be back together and ready to recharge the A/C system. I think my back muscles are ready for it.....
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: What has been eating up your free time lately???

Post by KYAvion »

I seem to have developed an obsession with both Gravely rider and walk behind tractors. I’ve also been clearing a fair bit of trees and brush on some property we own. Someday my normal job won’t interfere so much, but until then there just aren’t enough hours in the week.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
DanTheMan

Re: What has been eating up your free time lately???

Post by DanTheMan »

Avion research !
I've been all over the map on class C, class A, diesel pushers, vintage trailers, Scotty (they were build locally until the fire in 1997 burned the plant down), Tag-a-long (Youngstown Ohio, like an hour away), Shastas, etc etc etc...then I saw an Airstream, '56 flying cloud, guy was retiring to Thailand so I stated talking to him he had sunk 15K into it and sold it for 7500. 10K to redo the floors and frame sections...then I saw Avions and I am going to look at a gutted one today, pre-anodizing, but the seller knows his stuff, and said the aluminum is not uniform and recommended painting vs polishing. The 61 on Bring a Trailer is certainly inspiring. I'd be happy just to duplicat that, and then I look at my to do list with 20+ items on it, should I even go look ? I have several vw bus campers too... better get to church and ask for Wisdom.