QC2 Water Filter bracket.... "antifreeze diverter"

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
Razorback

QC2 Water Filter bracket.... "antifreeze diverter"

Post by Razorback »

Last Fall when I was winterizing our 34W I reminded myself that last SPRING when I was de-winterizing, the original antifreeze diverter's "handle" broke off of the body of the diverter. Looking at the old one, it was obvious that the two pieces were simply glued together, and the glue let go. I ordered a new diverter from RVUpgrades https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Everpure ... 8-8257.htm, hoping that it would fit this old fixture. It DID!!! And, the new one is a much better design.
I fixed the original diverter by drilling some holes and fastening it together with some stainless screws.
Adding some pictures of the old and the new.
diverter_3.jpg
filter_bypass_1.jpeg
filter_bypass_2.jpeg
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: QC2 Water Filter bracket.... "antifreeze diverter"

Post by KYAvion »

Looks good. This is for your water purification system?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

KYAvion wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:49 am Looks good. This is for your water purification system?
Yes.... this "plug" goes into the water filter fixture after you remove the filter itself.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I wouldn’t mind having a filter like that, but I use our trailer regularly in the winter. I’ve got it to set up so everything except the toilet gravity drains. How much water remains in the filter? If left in place, would it gravity drain as well, or would there be too much water left inside the filter itself to freeze and cause damage?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

It goes in this fixture
351410586152_1.jpg
351410586152_1.jpg (8.23 KiB) Viewed 31966 times
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I see. In my case where I’m not pumping antifreeze, the filter itself would likely be damaged if not removed and stored in a heated space. When you remove the filter, how much water is left over in it?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Since the filter hangs vertically it holds quite a bit of water. I open the water line drains, blow out the system with air, then remove the filter and blow the system with air until it is good and dry,.... no more drips blowing out of any of the fixtures.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Is the part that screws in the filter itself, or is it a piece that houses the filter?

From what I can tell looking at the site, it looks like the filter and housing are one and the same. I noticed they sell “part time” filters, which are about half the height. Is there any difference other than size? I suppose even with no use, the filters will go bad with sitting water inside during warmer temps? So is the replacement timeframe for the “part time” filters just sooner?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

I have a feeling the part-time filters are just smaller, 1/2-size. When I blow the lines with compressed air, it gets most of the water out of the filter, then I remove the filter, turn it upside down over the sink, and shake a few more drops out. In the picture below, you can probably see how it fits into the fixture under the counter. Basically, you just insert it, then turn the blue ring to lock it into place.I don't know how these filters can go bad sitting unused.
This is where I order my filters.... https://plumbersparadise.net/product/ev ... kage-of-2/
Avion_water_filter.jpg
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Thanks for the link.

My post had a typo where it said “warmer” instead of “water.” I wasn’t sure if leaving the filter in place (with water in it) during periods when the trailer isn’t used would result in any funky build up inside the filter? Perhaps not.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R