Rooftop sealing with Henrys Tropicool silicone

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
MarkB

Rooftop sealing with Henrys Tropicool silicone

Post by MarkB »

Sealing the roof on the '89 vintage. It's lead a sheltered life but the sealing at the seams was pretty iffy. Someone had gone over what looked like the factory stuff with something that was hard, and it had cracked and there were gaps in the seams at the corners. No leaks that I could find in the interior or musty smells and I like preventative maintenance instead of waiting for something to happen.

I've used the Henrys for quite a while on different projects, and even on a 3 tab roof and siding. I started when the gallon was $67, the one I bought today was $124, that's in the span of a couple years that the price has gone up.

So first coat went on well, second getting ready to go down. A gallon is plenty for a couple coats and maybe start a third on the 28 footer. Only downside to Henrys is the smell. Ventilation and a breather is not a bad idea. There are two types of silicone, one for indoors and one for outdoors. Henrys is for outdoors. I used Henrys for the underside of some carpeting for insulation indoors, it didn't work. With the off gassing I had to move the stuff outside, otherwise the stuff works great for insulation.
'89 Travelcade 28A
MarkB

Re: Rooftop sealing with Henrys Tropicool silicone

Post by MarkB »

Think I meant to say 5 gallons in the above post. Im doing another one at the moment.
'89 Travelcade 28A