1965 27ft

A little about yourself
BigMovesReality

1965 27ft

Post by BigMovesReality »

Hello I'm looking at purchasing an avion and am seeking guidance. It's a 1965 27ft mostly gutted, aside from most of the cabinetry and bathroom. I have remodeled several big home projects over the years but have no clue what to expect with an old camper. I'd love any insight you may have! (Where are the tanks? Where can I get parts? Whats the most expensive fixes) There's not much info out there esp being this age and brand thanks!
Razorback

Re: 1965 27ft

Post by Razorback »

Hi!!! Welcome to the forum!

I know there are people here that can be of tremendous help to you. Unfortunately, I am not skilled at all at taking an almost-gutted Avion and turning it in to something nice. Give it a bit and someone will chime in.

Other than the aluminum skins, there is nothing unique to the Avions, other than they were built like tanks and they used some nicer fixtures inside. But you will have a pretty blank slate if you get this particular Avion.
What is the condition of the frame, running gear, and floor? How about the rest of the trailer?

Good luck with the project if you decide to get this one.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
BigMovesReality

Re: 1965 27ft

Post by BigMovesReality »

There are a lot of dents here and there but she looks good overall. It's hard to know about the undercarriage with the protection plate on (idk the verbiage) also I'm not sure how to check the tanks? Do I assume they need replaced? I'm still learning this forum too and am unsure how to load photos. Thank you so much for your response!