Ran out of LP

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
BimmerRacer

Ran out of LP

Post by BimmerRacer »

30s overnight in Ohio and while control panel read full for both tanks apparently had us fooled as both tanks were empty after one day. I am not sure how the control panel was supposed to be connected but can someone recommend an accurate measurement gauge for our tanks.
Razorback

Re: Ran out of LP

Post by Razorback »

Oh, man... That was super unfortunate.

Although I love the idea of the monitor panel being able to tell you the level of propane in the cylinders, I much prefer the in-line dial gauges that screw directly into the connector on the tank. Easy to read from outside, and also easy to see from inside through the front window.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgrill-Pr ... /206405531
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
BimmerRacer

Post by BimmerRacer »

I didn't have a good experience with one of those on our grill for some reason. Plus our tanks are in an aluminum shroud
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

I don't know of anything better. Regardless of what kind of monitor used, the best insurance for not running out of propane is to check your cylinders yourself as part of your trip prep. They are called 30-lb or 40-lb cylinders for a reason. I always have at least one full tank..... when I get back from a trip, I take the cylinder that was in use and have it topped off.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
BimmerRacer

Post by BimmerRacer »

I ordered one of these for the steel tank we have. They have one for aluminum as but it needs an adapter ring so I figured I'll try it on the other first.

https://www.mopeka.com/product/mopeka-c ... lp-sensor/

Will definitely plan of checking before trips in the future though!