Looking for ideas/inspiration for rear bedroom redo 34W

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Looking for ideas/inspiration for rear bedroom redo 34W

Post by KYAvion »

Not sure. I’ve often thought that would be a good idea.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
BimmerRacer

Post by BimmerRacer »

I know the water heater was replaced at one point, maybe it was added. I'll look for a receipt when I get a chance, previous owner(s) kept a pretty good record of things
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

That’d be great. Thanks.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
BimmerRacer

Post by BimmerRacer »

Nope, no receipt for this. Just that the water heater was installed in 2008
BimmerRacer

Post by BimmerRacer »

Work in progress
Attachments
PXL_20220311_005207509.jpg
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

If you do winter camping like I do, consider applying foam board like I did in my earlier post to seal everything up.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I ended up encasing the water/electrical compartment with foam board on 4 sides—top and three sides—to isolate that area from the bedroom. All foam board joints were also sealed with silicone. Same with the storage compartment door. It opens up to a storage area that is completely isolated from the bedroom to prevent any cold air from creeping in.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
BimmerRacer

Post by BimmerRacer »

Interesting idea, definitely will consider doing that. I would like to rearrange plumbing on that compartment anyway since I want to add water filtration at some point in the near future. So after that is done...

Will hopefully cut the plywood tomorrow for the platform. I have the hatchlift kit on order. They say no sideloading but I am gonna give it a try. Don't see why it wouldn't work. Also have a mattress air flow pad to prevent mold and mildew from growing under the mattress
Attachments
PXL_20220315_225323049.jpg
RichardCrane

Post by RichardCrane »

Bimmer, If you are still looking for how to get a queen bed in your 34W, I did it and it works very well. The head is located on the driver side wall. I built a "headboard" that goes over the water heater, water and electrical cabinets. It spans that side wall and supports the head of the bed. I built a box which is slightly narrower and shorter than the mattress so there is foot room to move around the bed. The platform is gas cylinder supported and allows about 3/4 of the mattress area underneath for storage. Four large totes.
For winterizing and pump issues I move the mattress out and lift up the "headboard" for access. It's not too bad, but easier with the wife helping to move the mattress. My pump is between the water heater and water inlet cabinet. There is plenty of room there.
We were originally a rear twin arrangement. I removed the overhead cabinet on the passenger side as well as the small cabinet on the driver side against the toilet wall. There is lots of headroom all around.
Any questions let me know.
Richard Crane
1979 34W
1979 34W. Converted to side mounted rear queen bed and updated throughout.