Parbond Equivalent?

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
jjbrew42

Parbond Equivalent?

Post by jjbrew42 »

Hey guys,

There has been a lot of great information on here about sealing seams and fixing leaks, thank you all.

I'm struggling to find a source for parbond that doesn't have shipping costs as high as the product itself and won't take a week or two to get to me. Everyone has been extremely specific about that product in their posts, but I'm hoping there's an alternative that is available at your average box store someone could suggest? I know I need to avoid silicone, but I'm prone to overthinking things and really don't want to mess up and have water issues down the line. I do have the enternabond tape arriving within the next two days already.
Thanks guys!
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Parbond Equivalent?

Post by KYAvion »

Parbond is pretty nice stuff. It is a nice consistency and flows real well. Have you tried Vintage Trailer Supply or ODMRV?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

This doesn’t help your situation, but I just noticed VTS carries a product that they say works even better than Parbond. Anyone try it?

https://vintagetrailersupply.com/alumin ... l-vts-138/
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Do you have an RV store near you? That is where I found the Parbond I used.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Salty

Post by Salty »

The last time I purchased Parbond, I simply did a google shopping search.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.