Water pressure regulator

Freshwater System, Grey and Black Tanks, LP Gas
Jtholland757@att.net

Water pressure regulator

Post by Jtholland757@att.net »

Since Avions have built in regulator, is it necessary to add an inline “restrictor” also. I haven’t put a pressure gauge on to see the difference.
1986 Avion 34w Silver Edition; Unit 123 of 200
2022 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 2500HD Z71 4WD
silverloaf

Re: Water pressure regulator

Post by silverloaf »

Our '88 30P had a restrictor at the tank. It was integral with the outlet fitting that was screwed into the tank. I discarded it because I wanted to control the flow and pressure from inside the trailer, not somewhere buried under the belly pan. I suppose someone going boondocking would find the restrictor useful to conserve water.

I even discarded the in-line pressure regulator for shore water. Our tankless water heater needed a minimum GPM and I couldn't get there with the regulator. There is a cat-and-mouse game to be played in optimum flow and pressure for the camper. I used a number of tees and elbows when re-doing the plumbing. I began to notice that hot water delivery was not consistent at sinks and bath tub/shower. Re-balancing the system is on my to-do list.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

I removed the regulator inside the Avion and just use one at the spigot before the hose. My main reason for doing this was because I set my Avion up to gravity drain, and the inline regulator interfered with that. I suppose having the regulator at the spigot may help to protect the hose to some degree too.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
ryanleahmack

Post by ryanleahmack »

Can you guys take a look at this picture? Is this a pressure regulator? It is leaking and dripping from each corner when city water is hooked up. Also appears to be the 7/16' size copper lines.

1969 25' Avion.
IMG-8004.jpg
Thanks

Ryan
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Yes, that is the regulator.

ryanleahmack wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:24 am Can you guys take a look at this picture? Is this a pressure regulator? It is leaking and dripping from each corner when city water is hooked up. Also appears to be the 7/16' size copper lines.

1969 25' Avion.
IMG-8004.jpg
Thanks

Ryan
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
ryanleahmack

Post by ryanleahmack »

yes. I was able to get to it under the bed. Just tightened down the 4 screws on top and it stopped leaking!