Water Heater Replacement

Floor Repair, Inner Skins, Furnishings, Interior Finishes
TimFitch

Water Heater Replacement

Post by TimFitch »

I have a new to me 1983 W 34’. Brought it home and the water heater is leaking. I am looking for the easiest replacement. I am not sure what model is in it now. Ideas? Thanks!!
Salty

Re: Water Heater Replacement

Post by Salty »

On mine (87 34V), the cabinet door under the sink, on the back side, had a sticker sheet with the models of the major appliances - oven , water heater, Refrigerator etc ...
You may find one there as well.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
TimFitch

Post by TimFitch »

The water heater that I need to replace is a Atwood G61-8E. It appears to fit a rough opening of 16" wide x 13" tall. Everything that I am finding, either tankless or w/tank is about 13x13. Any ideas on a water heater that will fit w/o a lot of conversion?
TimFitch

Post by TimFitch »

Sorry. The leaking water heater is an Atwood G6A-8E.
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

I put an girrard 2 gwam tankless water heater i bought on amazon and you have to buy the cover with door separately and you want to use the one that fits the atwood water heater hole you have. In other words the water heater might be 13x13 but the cover screws to the water heater and the cover screws to your trailer covering the larger hole perfectly Hope this helps