34XB VENT PARTS

Aluminum trailers and parts for sale; tow vehicles for sale
Overdrive

34XB VENT PARTS

Post by Overdrive »

Hi

I changed out my roof fans from the original style to newer style fans. These are the typical 14 inch fans but are the round corner style. The outer roof cap covers unfortunately are broken. I do have all the parts. I think one motor doesn’t work but a electrical starter or electrical motor refurbish shop should be able to rebuild it.
I have the complete units with the exception of the outside plastic domes. I may have the metal brackets that rivet to the fan body to move the roof cap up and down. Great if you’re refurbishing to original condition. I was pretty careful removing the fan bodies but the flanges may have a little bend. They need to be cleaned up and refurbished. But can be used as is.
It’s a pretty big box so shipping isn’t gonna be cheap. . Pm me for my cell.
airguardian

Re: 34XB VENT PARTS

Post by airguardian »

I'm doing the same thing upgrading the vents. Any issues other than the square in a round slot? I will keep all the parts if someone is looking for OEM.
Tim Shiver
Ocilla, GA
1987 Avion 34V
Overdrive

Re: 34XB VENT PARTS

Post by Overdrive »

Just cut out the radiuses edges. The aluminum framing is already boxed in in there for the 14x14 fan. They just cut the radius for the weird body of the fan itself. I wish I could of kept the radiuses section as it made a great waterproof flange. But the framing I there already. I did both the front and bathroom fan. So no need to brace anything. I woild just make sure yiu seal the hell,out of them. I used the stuff the manufacturer recommended. I ordered the decor sealant so I’ll be doing that this weekend.
I used a metal cut off wheel. Use safety glasses. A saws all is too rough. If yiu have a scroll saw with a fine tooth blade that would work. The cut off wheel made it so the skin didn’t get pulled back and forth. I did t wanna flex it and possibly rip the rivets down the line out.
The factory screws suck. Just be patient. I used bigger stainless steel screws. I was gonna rivet the vent but decided to screw it in.

These are the fans I bought . Really quiet both forward and reverse and multi speed. No remotes but no big deal. Just something else to lose or need to get batteries for so it’s not pt hard to reach up and turn them off. Maybe the next set I’ll get the rain sensing remote control ones.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0815 ... UTF8&psc=1