New Beginnings

silverloaf

New Beginnings

Post by silverloaf »

Here it is, Saturday on a rainy night in the foothills of the Georgia Mountains. We began living in our Avion about 2 weeks ago on the site where our new house is nearing completion. Ruth is sitting on the couch repairing a relative's heirloom blanket. Our Sheltie, Jeannie, is dead to the world in sleep next to her.

We couldn't be more at peace in our current living situation. We were never quite sure whether our 2 years of restoration work on our camper would pay dividends. Although we have yet to take it on a long haul, we are blessed to feel so at home in its stationary position.

At this stage, we have shore power and are connected to the house septic system. We now have filtered water through the newly-installed well and water purification system. We have Internet with WIFI to stay connected to the outer world. We have been able to greet and develop friendships with the many trades that add their expertise to our new home.

I'm doing some work inside and outside the house. Its not unusual for me to stop, pinch myself and marvel at God's creation around and above me.

Life is a gift. No one now knows that better than me. I trust you feel the same way.

Have a blessed weekend!
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
Razorback

Re: New Beginnings

Post by Razorback »

Sounds wonderfully peaceful.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Re: New Beginnings

Post by DJ18 »

Cheers, and here's to new beginnings! sounds delightful!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H