finally finished

DJ18

finally finished

Post by DJ18 »

I don't know how many members here are on the facebook Avion owners page. I'm a member of that group, but I really wish this more private, easier to search group was more active! Anyway, I finally finished reupholstering our couch, covering the valances and speaker screens. floor is done and new drawer pulls. I'm about done "remodeling" the Avion. well, we may get a new kitchen countertop as the old one is flaking away from underneath. but here is the new look for the living area. I don't know why I can't take a straight picture..
Attachments
tempImagev9wJ1M.jpg
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: finally finished

Post by KYAvion »

Your Avion looks great and sure has come a long ways!

Feel free to share this group with FB.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Bobbyz

Post by Bobbyz »

Looks great ! I also prefer this forum to FB! Almost got kicked off there the other day for saying something that was TRUE. Can't do that if your version of the truth is different from what FB wants you to believe.
Anyway I have a disgusting couch and chair in my 83 34V that probably won't clean up.
Did you do the work yourself or have it done?
Now if I can add pictures. . . .
20210421_143742.jpg
20210421_143745.jpg
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Beautiful work on your Avion!!

(Not a fan of FB..... never have used it.)
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

thanks! I did it all myself. good fabric is really important. a nice firm backing, and a sturdy weave really makes the job easier. I recovered the seat and back cushions by sewing covers for them. The arms can be unscrewed from the bracing on the wall, and just lift off. If you look at the way the fabric is wrapped and stapled to the wood, it is easy to copy. So it wasn't a true reupholstery job. but our original couch was in really good shape, so I just covered over the existing upholstery. Your chair would be a real upholstery job, like with piping and fitted seams, so would be more difficulty. Maybe a good upholstery cleaner would make it work for you? I've seen some nice stretchy slip covers, or even crazy ideas like dying the upholstery on the furniture if it was a color change you were after.

I think I have shared this forum with FB, mentioning it as a great resource that is easily searched. But I'll sure do it again!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Salty

Post by Salty »

I've used FB, and at times I'll stroll through, but on the whole it isn't as useful a resource as it had the potential to be,
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.