ripples and stuff

Anything related to what's happening with your Avion
DJ18

ripples and stuff

Post by DJ18 »

We finally got to take the Avion out for a decent camping trip. We went to the Mt. Graham area in AZ. we camped in a disbursed area called Stockton Pass in the lower elevations on the south side of Mr. Graham. the area was pretty, high desert with some trees. and really uneven roads. we were able to avoid the deep ruts, carefully picking our line through the high and low spots. the suspension really got a work out. then we spent a week at Roper Lake with our son and his family. great time! Of course the 04 ford missed and the check engine light came on. as mentioned in another post, we got a new truck, really tired of wondering if we were going to make it home.

I don't know if I'm imagining it but it seems the Avion has a few new waves in her skin....I wonder if anyone can explain how that would happen, if, in fact it did.

also, I realized when I eliminated the outlet on the wall next to the refrigerator, I eliminated the 110 power to the refrigerator. It was fine to use gas the whole trip, but I need to figure out what I did wrong.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Re: ripples and stuff

Post by Razorback »

Good luck with figuring out the fridge 110V. I wish I had more time recently to spend on the forum, but things have been absolutely crazy at work. Not complaining at all...... need the job.... but it has been a long two weeks.

It will be nice to have a reliable truck to drive.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

I think I just need to get back in to that hole in the wall and put everything back the way I found it. hopefully!
don't work too hard, but crazy busy can be a good thing.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

checking in here, fridge is fixed, water heater is lighting right up and staying lit. Had a great Mobil RV repair guy come out. he loves Avions, has restored and worked on them, silver streaks, silver streams and air streams. He had it all fixed in half an hour and charges was very reasonable. he also told me where to take the Avion when we want to have the axles, brakes, bearings and alignment looked at. got way more than my money's worth, with lots pleasant conversation and story swapping for free. I'm a pretty happy camper! now on to order upholstery fabric for the wonderful original couch. I only recently realized it actually slides out to make another full sized bed.

He suggested instead of hubcaps we consider getting aluminum wheels put on. said they prevent scuffing of the tires?
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Bobbyz

Post by Bobbyz »

I'm not so sure that aluminium rims would reduce tire scuffs. Off the top of my head I'll call that BS, but I haven't done any reading on that particular subject. So I could be wrong.
The three advantages of aluminum rims, that I know of, are lighter weight, better heat dissipation and looks. Honestly think looks is the most noticeable.
If you order aluminum rims on line, open ALL the boxes straight away and make sure they're all the same. When mine showed up Monday I opened one box. About 3pm Thursday (yesterday) Nick the tire guy calls to tell me the last box he opened had a different rim inside. Not only a different style but a 5 lug. Was hoping to bolt six new rims and tires on the 34V I bought and pull it home this weekend.
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

Thanks! I don’t know yet what we will do about the wheels, but that’s good to know!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Did you figure out the waves in the skin? Pics?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R