a baby brother (or sister?)

DJ18

a baby brother (or sister?)

Post by DJ18 »

I happened to see a really nice little (14') trailer for sale. nothing special, just in great condition and affordable. It's a baja edition, so perfect for our bad dirt road, tight spot camping. To spare the Avion from such dubious attempts. Problem is, the Avion is SO much more comfortable we still want to go where we can take her. The little one is easy to hitch up and super easy to tow and very short and fits anywhere we can drive the truck. But once were at our destination, we start wishing we were in the Avion
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Re: a baby brother (or sister?)

Post by Razorback »

I understand 100%
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Re: a baby brother (or sister?)

Post by DJ18 »

we recently took a trip in our "new" truck (2014 silverado 1500 w tow package) and towed our little 14' jayco as far as quartzite. on our way back from CA, we picked up the trailer and went up to the northeast mountains of AZ. lots of steep grades and decent as well a strong and gusty winds and stretches of bad roads and high ways. the jayco was bouncing around, and I was surprised at how much the milage was affected even towing such a small, light trailer. I expected better. I'm looking forward to proving my new suspicions that the Avion may be so much smoother and aerodynamic that it is easier to tow and the truck will actually get the same or better milage towing it than the single axle, boxy, bouncy jayco. Owning two campers has minimal benefits compared to the hassles of two. parking, packing, moving them around and yearly maintenance .....
debbie
1985 Avion 25H