day after Thanksgiving,

A general discussion forum
DJ18

day after Thanksgiving,

Post by DJ18 »

thinking about the rest of 2020. We bought our Avion in January 2020. It needed very little, if anything. After owning and using it almost a year, a few things come to light. It would be a weight off my mind if we got around to new water lines next year, and a new water heater. It needs a new kitchen countertop, a leaky faucet causing the old one to warp and start the board down the road to flaking away. The comfy couch will need to be reupholstered. all in all, not much needed. Although it's in great shape, it's 35 yrs old. and we are a lot older than 35, and not up to the mechanical maintenance a trailer like this needs. Not going to sell it, ever, as far as I'm concerned. However, I really wanted a little trailer, newer and easier to get into the many wilderness disbursed areas available to us, especially since so many places are either closed or overcrowded. So a couple weeks ago, we bought a little baby jayco. 14.5' (technically 16' total) 2017. It is nothing special, but has some really nice features and a wonderful lack of stress involved in taking off in it. It is nowhere as comfortable as the Avion, and has very little character and that's ok. I can do a u-turn in a tight spot, it tows well without WD hitch. and it will spare our "beauty queen" from abusive camping trips.

I am also getting a little tired of the 80's cozy look. will not paint the wood, no gutting considered. but defiantly considering some minor things that would gently lead her into a more contemporary interior. just not sure what.

anyway, happy and long awaited count down to a new year.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Re: day after Thanksgiving,

Post by Razorback »

Enjoy your Jayco for those outings. It will be interesting to see what you do to the Avion!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???