Avion sell prices

A general discussion forum
Razorback

Avion sell prices

Post by Razorback »

I have noticed that Avion asking prices on CL have gone WAYYYYY up over the last year or so.

Are they actually selling higher??

I see a 1987 34' SHELL for $5K!!!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Rostam

Re: Avion sell prices

Post by Rostam »

I'm curious as well! I see trailers in questionable conditions listed for $15k. I wonder what they actually sell for.
Due to Covid, RV sales have skyrocketed though. When I took our Avion for state inspection to our local Rv shop, I was shocked that there were only a dozen or so new trailers left in their lot. Normally, there are hundreds. They had been all sold.
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
Salty

Post by Salty »

Rostam wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:33 pm I'm curious as well! I see trailers in questionable conditions listed for $15k. I wonder what they actually sell for.
Due to Covid, RV sales have skyrocketed though. When I took our Avion for state inspection to our local Rv shop, I was shocked that there were only a dozen or so new trailers left in their lot. Normally, there are hundreds. They had been all sold.
There's another issue at hand. There seems to be a shortage of AC units and refrigerators. I've Iooked for the new 12vdc compressor refrigerators and the 10 cu ft models that many new trailers were looking to install are not available.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

Thats correct and its not limited to RV products. Our friends are renovating their kitchen and ordered appliances from BestBuy. They were told they had to wait 3 months for the appliances to arrive. It seems the supply chain for many products has been affected due to pandemic. I wanted to buy a stainless steel pasta drainer. I went to 5 different stores (all major chains) and none had one (ended up buying a plastic drainer). You can order online, but stores see to not have a lot of products on their shelves.
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Your mention of a stainless pasta drainer reminded me of a story my dad told me:
When he was a kid growing up on a dairy farm in far SW New York as the son of a Polish immigrant couple, he remembered another local friend who came to their house looking to borrow a strainer like that. I’m not sure of the friend’s nationality, but dad says his English was very broken.... maybe Polish, maybe Italian?? Anyway, the friend described the drainer as “macaroni stop, water go ahead”. (Just imagine him rolling his L’s in “macaroni”).

I think of that every time I get ours out of the cabinet.... makes me chuckle.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

:lol: Funny story!
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
iamdazeyjo

Post by iamdazeyjo »

Razorback wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:50 pm I have noticed that Avion asking prices on CL have gone WAYYYYY up over the last year or so.

Are they actually selling higher??

I see a 1987 34' SHELL for $5K!!!
Im looking at a '66 that will need a new underbelly and a bathroom put in. The lowest they'd take is 12.5k. Seems steep for all the work itll need. Any thoughts?
iamdazeyjo

Post by iamdazeyjo »

Hi guys! Im new to the whole thing including this forum. I found a '66 avion. Decent shape but will need a new underbelly and a wet bath put in. (They ripped out the toilet in exchange for a tub. What?) Ac doesn't blow cold and may need new sub floor. The lowest they'll take is 12.5k seems like a lot. But I WANT! Any thoughts, ideas, red flags, are greatly appreciated!
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Hi, imdazeyjo, welcome to the forum.

To me, that does seem like a high price for one that needs so much work. I understand the itch to get an Avion, but I would suggest that you keep looking, or offer them less than half and see what they say.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
Salty

Post by Salty »

@iamdazeyjo Please, before you leap into the abyss, post some pics. We would be better able to assist if we had some visuals. I understand the desire to possess an Avion, but from what you have described thus far, I would not consider this trailer at that price or half that price.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.