New Windows

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
leighlandon

Re: New Windows

Post by leighlandon »

No I didn't discuss with them, https://www.rvwindows.com/shop-parts/ here are all the replacement parts should you need anything. Its all aluminum, we will see how the seals hold up. The only thing I added to the install was to put a bead of sealant around the edges. Our older windows screw to the skin... this leaves holes. I sealed each hole with sealant as well before installing. The strip of closed cell foam overlays most of these, but just incase I still sealed it up to avoid any gaps. On the smaller rear window and kitchen window, the frames didn't quite cover the screw holes. In these cases I riveted /sealed the holes. You can learn a lot by taking the window frames out. For example... I found out that the drivers side of my Avion has double skin on it... not sure what was wrong with the first skin but found that interesting... :shock:
Landon
1986 34V Silver Edition
Rostam

Post by Rostam »

Another major benefit of these new windows is that now you have half a dozen emergency exit windows! We have just one in our Avion. I may replace one of our windows with what you bought at some point in future to add another emergency exit.
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
BigEarl

Post by BigEarl »

Have you found the new windows are warmer/less draft?
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

@leighlandon did you replace the door window as well?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R