Home Teaching Office in the Avion

Anything related to what's happening with your Avion
pbsled

Home Teaching Office in the Avion

Post by pbsled »

I haven't posted in awhile, but I am making good use of the Avion. Its been my home office now since March and I am out here about 9 hours a day teaching my students remotely. Its worked out pretty well and I enjoy keeping work out of the real house at least. I use all the nice features such as fridge, bathroom, and hot water every day so all that work I did last summer paid off. Who knew I would have hundreds of hours out here during a global pandemic when I was fixing this up. It helps keep me sane!
Attachments
Teaching spot in the front of the 30P
Teaching spot in the front of the 30P
PbSled
"Mr. Eternabond"
1990 30P
2017 F-250 Reg. Cab
Rostam

Re: Home Teaching Office in the Avion

Post by Rostam »

Your workstation looks like mine :) I also have a Mac with 2 large monitors, but I have a home office. Using the Avion as office is a great idea (Not sure why I did not think of that. Been working from home for the past 6 months now). We live in the Northeast and it is getting cold here, so not sure moving my office at this time would work. My plan is to change the furnace next Spring, then an all season office becomes a possibility.
1978 Avion 26-H
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5
DJ18

Re: Home Teaching Office in the Avion

Post by DJ18 »

I love this picture! my son and his wife are teachers, and their respective set-ups look a lot like yours. multiple screens, cameras and other technologies I'm not that familiar with. He teaches 8th grade math and she teaches AP senior english. They are really rising to the challenge and I think enjoying it. their two kids are on line too, in their respective classes. each kid in their room, mom in the living room, dad in the family room. I think they prefer it to the idea of returning to a regular or hi bred schedule.

As he said, they don't have to wear masks all day when they teach virtually.

another friend was so overwhelmed by the task that she retired 2 years early. I guess this is all typical for atypical times.

I would agree that the Avion is the perfect space to set up a virtual classroom!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H