Taillight Housing Files

Avion related trailer manuals and other documentation
KYAvion
Site Admin

Taillight Housing Files

Post by KYAvion »

Courtesy of @Jim Golden...

“Tail Lights 4.dwg is an AutoCAD file that has all of the dimensions.

Tail Lights 5.dwg is also an AutoCAD file that has no dimensions. If you print it out 1:1 full scale onto a piece of 24x36" paper, you'd have a template.

The CNC company needed the file in .DXF Format. So the first three files are from them.

TAIL LIGHTS 5 sds.DXF is basically the same drawing as Tail Lights 5.dwg, but converted to .dxf format (which most CAD programs can read).

The CNC guys then created TAIL LIGHTS 5.DRW AND TAIL LIGHTS 5.ini and possibly the Tail light 5.job files. It's been seven years since I made them so I don't remember exactly what file I needed.

They then emailed those files back to me, and these are what we fed into the CNC Plasma cutter to make the pieces. I believe I used 0.040 or .050 aluminum.

These could be made by hand, but it's a lot easier to use a CNC plasma cutter. These fit the superbrightLED's 4" lights perfectly. You need to get the chrome bezels that are an accessory with the lights. I put reverse in the middle and then two reds on the outside. Running, Brake, and Turn all work on both red lights.

To make the corners, you'll need to bend aluminum in a brake. I made mine 3/4" by 3/4" and then cut as needed. The angles go inside the corners. I then riveted it all together. I also made tabs from the same stock and riveted four of them on each light; two on top and to on the bottom long piece. Drill through the tabs and into the coach and attach to the coach skin with a stainless sheet metal screw. I siliconed the top and sides to keep water out. Left the bottom unsealed so any that did get in could run out.

The bottom line though is that you can use Tail Lights 5.dwg and get with the guy who has the plasma machine. They can make whatever type of file they need from this file. You then bend the four petals in a brake so that the sides and the top/bottom all line up. They turn out pretty nice.”

See this link for more... viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1386

TAIL LIGHTS 5.ini
(7.24 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Tail light 5.job
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Tail Lights 4.dwg
(37 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Tail Lights 5.dwg
(53.43 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
TAIL LIGHTS 5.DRW
(5.86 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
TAIL LIGHTS 5 sds.DXF