Another dumb question

Axles and Suspension Systems, Brakes, Brake Controllers, Wheels, Tires
Markinalaska

Re: Another dumb question

Post by Markinalaska »

I love the Smokey mountains. That’s where my buddy and his family live. It sounds like you picked a nice spot to get away from Detroit in. The last city I lived in that was of any size was Denver Colorado. And that was actually the only city that I’ve ever lived in. I’ve always been an outdoorsy kind of guy. Used to hunt but don’t do that much anymore. Still enjoy fishing though. I’ve taken to trying catch big fish on light tackle. I’ve used 4lb test ultralight gear for the last ten years or so to catch Halibut here in Alaska. Biggest I’ve ever brought to the boat was 52lbs. I’ve also caught quite a few 40+ inch Ling Cod on that set up. I just busted my “halibut” pole last Monday after years of abusing it. It’s sold as a crappie pole, maybe that’s why it decided to quit :lol:. But I ordered another one just like it as a replacement. I figured I got about five years out of it so that was good run. I plan on fishing tuna in a similar fashion, although with a bit heavier line than the 4 I’ve been using. I tried 2lb for awhile but that was almost impossible to get a halibut to the boat. They don’t have swim bladders so they don’t float like a lot of fish. Just dead weight for the final tug of war and 2 wasn’t up to it. Sounds like you’ve got a good spot, I will definitely try and stop by once I get my travels started.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab