New LED Tail Lights

Anything related to what's happening with your Avion
Jim Golden

New LED Tail Lights

Post by Jim Golden »

A huge shout out to superbrightleds.com Years ago when I made my new aluminum tail light housings, I ordered their 4" LED lights to put in them. The first set had half the LED elements go out. They replaced them for free. Just today, I installed the second set. Again, half the LED elements went out. All they asked was that I send in the old ones for them to verify they were actually bad and I wasn't just trying to scrum a set of free lights. I'm happy to say they are all working perfectly again.

It's nice when the lights on your rig work :)

(I had a video of them flashing, but couldn't seem to get them to upload)

If you guys on here are interested, I'll upload my CAD and CNC files for my tail lights. Might as well make them public. I think they turned out nicely. Have gotten a few compliments on them :)
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Jim Golden

Re: New LED Tail Lights

Post by Jim Golden »

I don't know why two of them are rotated 90 degrees. Same as to why the video wouldn't upload. Sorry...
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

even sideways, they are beautifully bright! many of my photos are sideways too. I just tilt my head....
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

Hi, Jim!!!

Uploading your plans for those housings would be fantastic! Of everything on the Avion, it seems like THAT is the hardest thing to replace! Having that fabricating option would be a plus!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Jim Golden

Post by Jim Golden »

I tried to upload all of my files, but it seems like this website only allows certain types of files...like maybe only images and similar?

These files are .dwg and .dxf and then some G-code and other type extensions for CNC machines.

Can a moderator help me?

If not, my personal email is jimgoldenpe@hotmail.com Just email me and I'll give you my plans. Of course, you will then owe me a cheeseburger and fries meal :)
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Hey Jim. Just shoot me an email with them to aviontrailers@mail.com and I’ll upload them to the Documemtion forum. Thanks for sharing!
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Jim Golden

Post by Jim Golden »

I emailed you the files. Somewhere I have some pictures of me making them. I'll try to find them and post them on here.
Jim Golden

Post by Jim Golden »

I was going for a "Corvette Look" with the three round lights on each side, but it wound up looking (to me, anyway) sort of 1930's German Industrial like something out of the Messerschmitt factory. But anyway, here are a few pics. I believe the plans are now in the Documentation folder.

Cheers,
Jim
Attachments
TL1.JPG
TL2.JPG
TL3.JPG
TL4.JPG
TL5.JPG
TL6.JPG
Rear 6.JPG
Rear 4.JPG
silverloaf

Post by silverloaf »

Very impressive, Jim.

Metal fabrication is part engineering and part art. I had many prototype parts fabricated during my career in automotive engine design. Much of the results were pure genius.
" Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.”

Silverloaf (Bob)
Dawsonville, GA
1988 30P
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Sorry I haven’t uploaded those files yet—I’ve been out of town a lot and been super busy when home. Also I’ve got to tweak a setting to allow for that file format.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R