awning and rain

A general discussion forum
DJ18

awning and rain

Post by DJ18 »

We went camping in the Gila last week. It was really delightful with much cooler temps and rain(!) Las Cruces had a record week of temperatures over 100. hottest was 106, some sources said higher. anyway, the time in the pines was heavenly.

for once, the rain was not accompanied by heavy winds and we were able to keep the awning out. Happily surprised that it was so stable and DRY under that fabric awning. We put it in when we went anywhere and it had started to seem easy to deploy and put away. We left it open for a day and a half of rain. When it came time to put it in, it seemed to be absolutely locked up and 3 people could not budge the roller. I called zip dee and a woman said it sounded like the lock lever was stuck. so we lowered the roller and I manually held it as far in un lock position as it would go and two others were able to roll it up a bit by hand. It was still hard and it didn't really roll back in until I sprayed silicone lube in the ends and around the lock. I wondered if getting so wet made the aluminum seize up. I'm about to go out and see if it's still hard to unroll and roll. I really enjoyed using it, so I hope it isn't going to be a big problem.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
DJ18

Re: awning and rain

Post by DJ18 »

I went out and opened the awning, it rolled out very easily. must have been the rain or the roller was locked, but it's fine now
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Is that a Zipdee? Do you have a pic of the lock?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

I can take one later. It is on the right side, like a finger shaped lever at the end of the roller. I think it got wet!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H