I need some guidance please!

110 volt, 12 volt, Batteries, Converters and Inverters, Solar
DJ18

Re: I need some guidance please!

Post by DJ18 »

Yes there are two cables stacked on top of each other. The outlet before this is the one over the sink, under the cabinet. Thank again
3D07CEBB-D324-4AE8-86F6-1D454EE21E38.jpeg
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Are you able to use your multimeter and contact ONLY the exposed copper at the tip of the black and white wires to verify juice is on each cable? You would need to use the probes on one cable first, and then do the same for the other. This would verify that both cables have juice.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

39052FC1-440D-4DEF-AE19-373344EDFAE8.jpeg
This area needs to be tested on both cables.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Those contacts are probably fine, but there’s no way to know without testing. If you test the wire on top and it reads 120v, but you can’t get to the wire underneath to test it, then I’d shut the breaker off, pull the wires out, and wire nut the whites, blacks, and grounds together and then test the other outlets again.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

Talked to Mr Cayo this morning. He said the trailer should have a simple daisy chain all the way around. So the load wire must go to the left. So I guess we need to test the last outlet that works, and go from there.

Then thinking about where the wires might run, according to videos and photos I’ve seen of peoples Avion projects, It occurred to me that one of the previous owners told me the trailer had been in a minor accident. It was damaged and repaired under tithe side window, about where the table is. Right about where that wire would run if it were along the bottom edge of the outer skin. That may be where some rewiring or damage might be!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

Yes, I can test those wires in that last hot outlet. Things seem easier in the morning....
Thank you again for taking the time to help me. It is starting to make sense
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

I was able to determine both load and line wires to the last live outlet have 118-119 volts. and no miracle healing to the other dead outlets overnight. I was able to see one more outlet by looking up into the interior of the refrigerator compartment. It has the fridge plugged into it. I can't really reach it, so I turned off the propane and turned on the fridge. the green light came on, so I assume that outlet is hot. I don't see that it is connected to the receptacle circuit.

I suppose we could disconnect the last hot outlet, test for the line wires, disconnect the load wires and run another wire behind the couch, the table and up to the first dead outlet. just disconnecting the original load wire from the good outlet to the dead outlet. Would that work?
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

For diagnostic purposes jumping from your last live outlet to the FIRST dead one would help to see if that provides juice to the remaining outlets. Disconnect the load wires on the working outlet and also the wires that feed the nonworking outlet so you’re bypassing that section of wiring in between.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

Also, plug your tester into that fridge outlet. If working properly you should see the glow of two gold lights.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
KYAvion
Site Admin

Post by KYAvion »

The wiring you want to use is 12/2 romex with ground.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R