Exterior skin restoration products and methods

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
Justin

Exterior skin restoration products and methods

Post by Justin »

Hello all, after a little research it seems like there are a lot of options that people have either used “if x y and z” conditions are true, for example, whether or not it’s been clear coated, etc, or there are options people would like to try.

We just picked up our trailer this week, and while the exterior skin is in pretty good shape, there is some light oxidation in spots, as well as some streaks running down the trailer. They appear to come off decently with just some rubbing, but I’ve got no experience with anodized aluminum. What are the safe, tried and true products and methods to get this thing shining again? I don’t think this thing has been clear coated. If you’ve had luck with something I may be able to get locally, I’d be curious about that too.
F7705D40-9C62-4106-9AD1-CB128B58888F.jpeg
Also the top has had the seams taped and then some sort of coating applied that looks like it may have seen better days. It was slopped all over basically everything on the roof including vents and mounts as well. Is there anything that might help take this up and start over, or at least help to make a cleaner job of what’s up there?
728DAC43-99D3-4AF9-8DFC-54E163456F6E.jpeg
Justin
Bloomingdale, IN
1973 25’ Travelcader
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Duramax