Zip dee awning

Shell/Exterior Maintenance, Windows, Gaskets, Awnings, Vent Lids/Covers, Rockguards
Markinalaska

Zip dee awning

Post by Markinalaska »

Well I decided since it’s been so hot here to open my awning for the first time ever (for me) I found that the hook for the front support is missing, and the front lower mount is pretty screwed up along with a few other things but those are the biggies right now. I’ve sent requests to a couple of different websites but I haven’t heard anything back as of yet. So I was wondering where folks on here get their pieces parts for zip dee awnings made before 1989. I went to the zip dee website but they don’t seem to be selling the parts as their products page is under construction. I was able to find the part numbers though so that was helpful.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab
Razorback

Re: Zip dee awning

Post by Razorback »

Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Markinalaska

Post by Markinalaska »

Thanks Paul,
I checked both of those sites and neither one sells the main part that I’m looking for which is the complete lower hook assembly. When I tried to remove that assembly the 1/4x20 bolt decided it was quitting time and broke off in the aluminum mounting so I can’t get it apart to replace the individual parts. I need the whole lower hook assembly. When Zip Dee opens on Monday I’m going to call them and see where they think I can get that part. One issue of living where I do is it’s a long drive to any source of parts for this type of thing. About 4 hours actually.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

How about Inland??

https://inlandrv.com/shop/
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
RISK

Post by RISK »

Zip Dee is pretty good about replacement parts, you’ll probably be able to source them from them. They are proud of their stuff though, I had a seized main arm assembly and they wanted $750 for the two part deal... I just banged harder.

Good luck!
Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
Markinalaska

Post by Markinalaska »

Razorback wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:34 pm How about Inland??

https://inlandrv.com/shop/
I just went to their website and it says they’re out of stock under the prior to 1989 zip dee products. I’ll call them Monday just to make sure though.
On a side note. What’s with vintage trailer supply? It seems that every item they supposedly have that I need is not in stock and I’ve signed up to be informed whenever said items are in stock and have never received a notification from them. I guess it’s just my luck that they did have those items but no longer do.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab
Salty

Post by Salty »

I've had similar issues with VTS lately. I ended up going to the manufacturer of the parts I wanted and they shipped that day.
They've been good in the past, I'm hoping they don't become a Covid casualty
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Markinalaska

Post by Markinalaska »

I found a different source than the ones suggested and the pricing wasn’t even that bad, it’s https://woodlandtravelcenterstore.com/. I was able to purchase the front claw tube assembly with the claw and rivet to install it and the claw pin for the rear that’s missing. Everything with shipping was just over $73.00. Which for Alaska Pricing and shipping isn’t half bad. I seem to be spending a lot of time researching parts :D .
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab