Leveling made easy but not cheap.

A general discussion forum
Markinalaska

Leveling made easy but not cheap.

Post by Markinalaska »

I was perusing Amazon for parts and came across a leveling system that doesn’t require getting in and out the vehicle numerous times and looking at bubble levels. I’m thinking about buying the pro unit as it can connect into the 12v system and not run out of batteries when you need it. You pair this device with your cell phone or tablet and you can pretty much level the trailer from the drivers seat with the proper wheel leveling system. Does anyone have one of these installed and if so how do you like it?
I wasn’t sure where to put this post so I put it in this thread. If you guys think it fits better somewhere else feel very free to move it.
Attachments
LogicBlue Technology
LogicBlue Technology
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: Leveling made easy but not cheap.

Post by KYAvion »

Interesting idea. What’s the proper wheel leveling system that’s utilized?
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

It is interesting! I have a short list of things that we need to do and I'm afraid such luxuries will be third place to new water lines and scraping black gook off the roof and dealing with a nicer sealing job. what I do need is an adjustable step stool so the first step isn't so far off the ground when we have to use lockblock.

I'm sure a longer trailer would be more of a challenge to level than our 25'
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Markinalaska

Post by Markinalaska »

KYAvion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:13 pm Interesting idea. What’s the proper wheel leveling system that’s utilized?
They use the Anderson wheel system in the video. But they say it will work with any type.
From what I can gather it reads the x-y of the trailer after you first do a complete level to your liking. It then stores that information and will reproduce those results from that point on. You input the length of your trailer from the middle of the jack to the middle of the furthest tire, input the width of your trailer measured from one side to the other from under the trailer. Level your trailer and set it as the baseline. The next time you use it you can actually drive into a space and find the sweet spot before you even start the leveling of the trailer. There’s a good video on Amazon that explains it all. This is on my list of things in the future. I have WAY too many other things that need attention presently. But by next year I should be ready for this upgrade to my bubble levels. Never have liked them.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab
slowmover

Post by slowmover »

Bubble level still easiest.

One,Two boards or three under one side. Pressure treat 12” W. 8,’, 6, 4, with tapered ends. Or just use a bottle jack.

Adjust FF/RR as desired with tongue jack.

There’s no reason to make it perfect. I don’t even worry about “close”.

About all that’s needed is to measure the ball height before you unhitched. To return TR to that state.

Now, changes to reduce rocking motions are worth some time.

1990 35’ Silver Streak Sterling
Markinalaska

Post by Markinalaska »

Hmm, I think we will have to disagree about bubble levels bing easier. I can’t see my bubble levels from the drivers seat to tell which side of the trailer needs to be raised and they won’t tell me by how much they need raised. Also the bubble levels won’t tell me which trailer spot is already the closest to leveL from the drivers seat. With the Anderson levelers and this unit I could get the trailer level and only have to get out of the truck one time, to put the levelers under the wheels. I’m getting older and my dang truck sits pretty high up, it’s getting harder to get in and out the darn thing :lol:. Well all that and I’m kind of a geek. I like electronic things, I’ve got a computer science degree and have been trained by the AF in TV studio equipment repair. But I can understand that simple is sometimes better.
1981 34V
1995 F350 crew cab
WEB

Post by WEB »

I''m with markinalaska, at least the geek part (or maybe a little anal retentive for me). We are not truly obsessive about level, but it's always a conversation between she-who-must-be-obeyed and the driver. A conversation that I'm happy to eliminate which invariably has elements of "which side is the bubble on? No, the other way". We do this in part because SWMBO is a 'sensitive' sleeper, but also because it was impressed on us that our replacement refrig (they don't give those puppies away) needed to be level.

I bought one, haven't used it yet but went through the set up procedure today and it was simple. The phone app detected the sending unit with the truck unhitched and 10-15' from the trailer; sending unit on the kitchen cabinet wall.

I have high hopes.

We've had our trailer for 7 years and until last year used boards (I should clarify, SWMBO placed the boards). Now I have the Anderson's and wouldn't consider going back; nor would she.

I anticipate that the LevelMatePro will neatly slip into that evolutionary slot.