1984 30r roof sealing

A little about yourself
kenny.clark

1984 30r roof sealing

Post by kenny.clark »

Hello there Avion friends. I am brand new to this form. Hoping that I can get some help from some experienced people on here. My girlfriend and I are rebuilding or 1984 Avión 30r to move into full-time. There has been some water damage to the subfloor. So my first step is ripping everything out and then resealing the roof. I bought eternabond tape and their cleaning solution. Before I start using it I’m just wondering if anyone has used these products on their avions?
RISK

Re: 1984 30r roof sealing

Post by RISK »

Howdy and welcome,

Most, if not all, of us have used eternabond on our roofs. Many of us have also applied a paint (Bus Kote or similar) to the roof as well.

Ian
1978 26M
1964 SilverStreak Sabre
1977 Airstream Sovereign (in a million pieces)
kenny.clark

Post by kenny.clark »

Great. Thanks so much. And did you use the paint with the tape? Or did you use one and not the other? Can you use the paint on top of the tape?
Salty

Post by Salty »

Clean up, remove/replace anything unwanted (TV Antenna, fan covers/fan assys, refrigerator vents...) Tape seams and installation points then paint. Kool Seal works well as does ReRubber.

Welcome to the forum, the trailer will be an amazing journey.

You will find an abundance of information here regarding all aspects of your Avion trailer. Many here have walked the path you are about to take. You will find many posts on floor reconstruction, sealing windows, electrical, plumbing etc...
As with all forums, search for previous posts. You may find that others have experienced the same challenges you are and solved them.
Good luck, hope to see you around.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.