trailer back to normal

A general discussion forum
DJ18

trailer back to normal

Post by DJ18 »

had a week of everything being a big mess in the camper; mattress in front of fridge, bedding on couch, junk in the tub, tools and stuff all over the place. But all the plumbing tees are dry and the water heater cover is too. I feel better to get everything back to it's place and cleaned up, both from the repairs and our last camping trip. We had a bit of a crazy one, some of the lodging arrangements our relatives made didn't work out, and we ended up having a sister and her grandson sleep in our camper too. In the evening and daytime, our camper was reunion central. It was fun, everyone was comfortable hanging out in our camper and around our campsite. We also left in the pouring rain and nothing was put away where it belonged. So we did have a lot of organizing and cleaning up to do when we got home.

in addition to to leaks and mess, we had a few other small fixes to do. a deadbolt that sometimes won't open, and some little interior things. It messes with my sense of well being to have my camper in disarray. :roll:

So I fixed the towel rack in the bathroom, lemon oiled the wood. swept and mopped the floor and man it's purdy!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Re: trailer back to normal

Post by Razorback »

Sounds good, debbie.

As you get each thing fixed or otherwise the way you like it, you will enjoy your Avion even more! Some day, you will get to the end of the list of things to fix, then you can start on the "wants"!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

yep, if we live that long (old guys, not sick or immediately endangered). I believe Avions are so well built that they are very well worth the inevitable wearing out of appliances and systems to invest in. We could not have done a big restoration, so glad we found a sound one. more and more I'm loving my classic home on wheels.

our list so far is
1. enjoy camping in the camper
2. find out why the water heater struggles to stay lit and fix it or eventually replace it. if WH door is open and one is patient, it will eventually stay lit and work like it should.
3. put in new water lines
4. scrape black tar off the roof? you can't see it, it doesn't leak, but I know it's up there. :?
5. figure out where to mount charge controller and permanently wire solar connections to batteries without penetration of trailer body. (only existing wire entrance in front?)

we have new or recently replaced is AC, converter, and electronics to furnace.
the fridge works like magic, but it is the original
the control panel radio appears to have had a bad short at one time. what works? the clock, the waste water tank indicators, the water pump and the water heater. nothing else works on the panel. way over my head to get it all working. so guess on the fresh water. if the waste tanks are full, the fresh tank is getting empty.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Salty

Post by Salty »

DJ18 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:10 am our list so far is
find out why the water heater struggles to stay lit
Check the orafice for the gas. If it's dirty, this will happen. Also, the gas solenoid seems to be a high failure item.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.