I acquired a very nice inverter....

110 volt, 12 volt, Batteries, Converters and Inverters, Solar
Razorback

I acquired a very nice inverter....

Post by Razorback »

I was given a 1000W inverter that was made by On Board Solutions. https://www.promariner.com/en/onboardsolutions
I was told it didn’t work at all.
Got it home, opened the case. I saw that it had four 30A blade fuses on the circuit board on the 12VDC inputs. Checked one at a time, found one blown. Replaced it...... now I have a very nice inverter!
I have seen listings on the web for $500.... so, not too bad!

I am brainstorming a bit, trying to decide what to do with it. My thoughts so far:

1) utilize it in the Avion to maybe split the front circuits from the rear? As an optional project as opposed to doing a 50A conversion. We never boondock, every place we park has power. I could utilize the additional pedestal 15A connections or the 50A connection with an adapter. Thinking through that one.....

2) I have a 6’x10’ enclosed utility trailer. Add a battery, convert the wiring from 4-wire to 5-wire and add an AC input to the trailer.

3) Use it with a battery as a UPS for our home computer system and security cameras

I am leaning more towards the Avion.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
KYAvion
Site Admin

Re: I acquired a very nice inverter....

Post by KYAvion »

If you ever replace your fridge with a residential unit, you could use the inverter to power the fridge as you’re driving down the road.
KYAvion
1984 Avion 30R
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

KYAvion wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:02 pm If you ever replace your fridge with a residential unit, you could use the inverter to power the fridge as you’re driving down the road.
Thank you.....That is a great suggestion! That solves the rather large expense of replacing an RV fridge with another RV fridge.

More money for going places and doing things!!!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
slowmover

Post by slowmover »

Propane is (literally) what defines being self-contained. Propane refrigerators have been around almost 100-years. Einstein was one of the patent holders.

There’s no substitute for a 3-way reefer.

Anything else degrades performance and resale.

So, why?

When the power goes out at home, you’ll be damned glad you had a gas absorption reefer.

Electricity is so unimportant that it’s only needed for the furnace fan. Literally, nothing else.

That juice is really ONLY to save on propane when connected.

That’s it.

1990 35’ Silver Streak Sterling