year restrictions on trailers

Anything related to traveling with an Avion
DJ18

year restrictions on trailers

Post by DJ18 »

We are planning to take a longer trip, probably to the West coast to visit our daughter and family. In planning where to stay, I begin to wonder if RV parks that put a limit on the age of trailers make exceptions for old avions? I suppose I'll find out soon enough, but it used to find it really annoying when we had a 95 VW Rialta and were told we couldn't make reservations. we used to travel with a sweet Rottweiler and that kept us out of a few places too, but that's another story...
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Salty

Re: year restrictions on trailers

Post by Salty »

The issue is a version of Ageism. Some just say no to anything older than 10 years. Others say maybe after an inspection. The issue is economics and crime. What most RV parks don't want is an eyesore that scares off newer more affluent RVers. RVers who can't pay their lot rent. Or an RV housing a criminal Element.
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

yeah. it's too bad yet I can understand it. I guess I was wondering if the airstream "snob factor" extended to Avions when traveling to such places.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

DJ18 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:39 pm yeah. it's too bad yet I can understand it. I guess I was wondering if the airstream "snob factor" extended to Avions when traveling to such places.
Hadn’t thought of the “snob factor”. If that does help the situation, just say it’s an Airstream..... even with several Avion emblems on ours, people always refer to it as an Airstream.

Or........ send the park some pics, let them see your rig....

........ or........ keep looking for another place to park!
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Post by DJ18 »

so far, we haven't gone to any rv "resorts" so I don't know. but we are planning a trip to CA and that's where we encountered the age discrimination for the first time. it will be interesting to see if we have any problems if we do need to check in to one.

I've been reading the regulations and see several parks now say something like they reserve the right to refuse any rig in bad condition. which is better than saying any rig 15 years old or older.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

The “bad condition” measuring stick is reasonable.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
Salty

Post by Salty »

Razorback wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:05 pm The “bad condition” measuring stick is reasonable.
Agreed.
Bad condition:
1. A tarp over the roof
2. Windows with Plywood inserted
3. Windows missing, uncovered
4. Moss growing on the rig
5. Missing sections of floor
6. Missing /damaged taillights
7. Peeling sections of skin

You get the idea
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Razorback wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:05 pm The “bad condition” measuring stick is reasonable.
Agreed.
Bad condition:
1. A tarp over the roof
2. Windows with Plywood inserted
3. Windows missing, uncovered
4. Moss growing on the rig
5. Missing sections of floor
6. Missing /damaged taillights
7. Peeling sections of skin

You get the idea
1987 34V
2000 Ford F250