help with a dimple

A general discussion forum
DJ18

help with a dimple

Post by DJ18 »

I am disgusted with myself. I was turning around in our driveway, which is a tight circle. I go slow and careful to avoid branches that might poke or scratch the Avion. we had our kayak tied in the back of the truck, and as I turned, the tip of the kayak pressed into the trailer just an inch or so under the rock guard on the side. I stopped immediately and we cut the strap holding the kayak, but too late. my lovely Avion now has a little dent that looks like a dimple. not big, but dang it!! Are there any ways to remove such dents? it's close enough to the edge of the window that if we ever had to replace the curved part of the glass, you could maybe reach in and force it out, but not interested in messing with the glass.

Are there tricks? ways to pop that out?
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Salty

Re: help with a dimple

Post by Salty »

1987 34V
2000 Ford F250
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
DJ18

Re: help with a dimple

Post by DJ18 »

thanks, those people got some great results!. this is literally a dimple. maybe 1" long and about 1/2" deep. I wonder if one of those methods would work? but you tube is quite the resource, so I'll keep looking. Luckily, it is not very noticeable, but I see it.
debbie
1985 Avion 25H