got our Avion today

Anything related to what's happening with your Avion
DJ18

got our Avion today

Post by DJ18 »

The friends we bought it from brought it to our house. It's an 85 25H. He helped with the hitch, although I think the WD hitch needs some adjustment. I towed it around a little, up a hill, etc. I could feel the additional weight and it seems a lot bigger than 4' longer than our other trailer. But I love it. It is so sound, everything works and it is really an amazing trailer. Love the recessed lighting, and the switches by the door that allow you to turn on the lights as you enter.

today we took delivery, did paper work and installed WD hitch and hitched it up. brakes are working well, lights are not. a job for tomorrow. removed sun rotted sheer curtains, drapes are in perfect condition. Found the other 2 leaves to the table.

tomorrow, clean! wash windows, fill fresh water tank and check the water heater. maybe an exterior wash. tow to a level spot and check WD set up.

I was concerned about ground clearance, but it seems fine.

I'm very impressed, grateful and an bit overwhelmed!
debbie
1985 Avion 25H
Razorback

Re: got our Avion today

Post by Razorback »

Congratulations! What a feeling to have a new Avion in your possession!

In your owners manual, you'll find a section on water sanitation. Be sure to do that so you'll know it's been done.

Keep us posted, and post some pics when you have a chance.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Re: got our Avion today

Post by DJ18 »

there she sits in the driveway. after two days of hard work, the Avion is clean, all systems operational and ready to go. The water heater took some tinkering, but it's working, the tank is full and water pump works. no leaks. I will sanitize the tank tomorrow. The awning is a pain! It may get better, but it appeared to have 35 years of gunk in there. we had to fish around for the strap and finally my DH was able to reach through the dirt and find it. the awning it's self is in pretty nice condition. The hardware on the arms is stiff and sticky. We cleaned off the fabric, the aluminum cover and the arms and used silicone spray on the parts that slide. It was so full of dirt, we had to wash the side of the camper off. I wanted to let it dry, but wind and rain threatened, so Then we had roll it up damp. we will hopefully open it to dry tomorrow. We had to roll it up manually. I've read that sometimes the spring may be bound up, and opening it more might free it up and tighten it. so maybe that will happen. It's a pretty awning though! I wonder if the Zip Dee awnings hold up better in wind?

The only thing we have found that seems disappointing is that someone sealed seams on the roof with a black substance. I don't know what it is or what, if anything, to do about it.

the other thing is my little webber grill won't fit in the compartment in the back. bummer. ;)
debbie
1985 Avion 25H