a few questions please?

A general discussion forum
Razorback

Re: a few questions please?

Post by Razorback »

I think the listed dry weights are pretty close.

The nice thing about an Avion being "yours" is that you can do whatever you want with it. Some people like to keep it original, some will gut the interior and make it all new, some are somewhere in between.

I love the classic look of the interior of our 34W and have no plans to change it.

I have seen some very nice remodels. I have also seen some pretty shoddy remodels.

I guess my only suggestion is: which ever way you go, do a quality job of it.

As for the wallpaper in the bathroom, I don't know how difficult it would be to fix those wrinkles. As with any paper jobs I have done in the past, it'll probably be trial and error. It might be advantageous to plan on removing and replacing the paper, with new paper or something else. I need to do the same in ours..... not for wrinkles, but for some raised edges and seams. I anticipate getting behind one of those raised edges, spraying some warm water on the adhesive, and slowly working my way until it is all removed. We will probably replace it with new paper. Like any job, a lot of the quality of the outcome is the prep work.
Razorback (Paul)
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
I'm a "whosoever"... are you???
DJ18

Re: a few questions please?

Post by DJ18 »

I'm glad to know the weights are close. We have been towing a very light 21' 2016 starcraft, about 3500#. If there is anything I'm a little nervous about, its the increase in size and weight. the starcraft is single axle.
I hope with the difference in aerodynamics of the Avion, we won't see much difference. I guess only experience will tell.

I sure agree, I have seen photos of some fantastic remodels but also some that made me sad. I suppose I don't really trust my taste and ability to do something irreversible that I would love. I know I love the cozy crazy retro look of it now.

thanks for the advice on the bathroom walls. thinking about it, I agree it is a good time to put something else up there. I've papered old campers before, and they make some nice tasteful designs. I also need to replaced the plastic coated paper around the sink and stove area. It too is wrinkly

ok, new wall paper in small batches, a cover for the couch and and stylin' rug in the living area. I can deal with that much change. :D
debbie
1985 Avion 25H